Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Big shoes to fill....


Daniel is out of town for a conference all this week, so I am filling the roles of both Mom and Dad. So far we are doing very well and having a great time. Thankfully, I do see an end in sight.... Daniel will return Saturday.
It is times like these, however that I gain new respect for the single parent. Where the end may not be in sight. Regardless of circumstance: divorce, death, military service or a job that requires long hours or travel, the family is just not designed to be a unit of one. Lovingly, God is ready to pick up where we can't.
He promises in Hebrews 4:16: 16Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

God's love and grace abound. His mercy is new every morning. Every hour, every minute if we need it to be. He never promises life to be without trial, loneliness, pain or questions. But he does promise His presence. Isaiah 41:10:

So do not fear, for I am with you;

do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

After a moment of pause and reflection this week, I see where God says I don't have big shoes to fill at all. In fact, shoes aren't even required when you're on your knees.

No comments: