Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Survival of the diving board

Today was a big day for David. Today was the day he was to jump off the diving board at swim lessons. We talked about it all morning and when I'd ask him if he was going to jump off the board, he would always say yes. Well, the lesson finally came and I took him to sign in and I showed him the diving board and asked him if he would jump and he said "no, I jump over there." and pointed to the 5 foot smaller pool. If he only knew.... Well, the time finally came for him to jump and I noticed he was sitting on the side with his teacher. Well, I went over there, and asked David if he was going to jump off the diving board. He looked me straight in the eye and said "You need go sit down Mommy". I'm not sure if I was embarrassing him or maybe he knew what I was about to do. I told his teacher to have him go anyway. He kinda cried and whined, and when he got to the end of the board, he would not jump....so they picked him up and dropped him in. Whoa! What a shock. Now, for those if you thinking I'm a mean cruel mother, I knew it wouldn't kill him to go off that board, and I knew once he did it, it wouldn't be so bad. He looked pretty shocked when he came back to the surface of the water, but guess what folks!? He survived, and lived to tell about it too. Here's a video to prove it.









Just after being dropped in....



Madelyn's my-space picture...HA!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you Bloggin'. You'll love it.
dacia

Heidi said...

Did you jump off the diving board - YES. Are you doing it again NO!!!

Love it. :)