Sunday, July 6, 2008

Movie Review: WALL-E





This afternoon, David and I decided to go see the new Disney/Pixar Movie Wall-E. I hadn't really done any research on it, so I wasn't sure exactly what to expect. It is definitely different from what Pixar has done in the past. This film is in a completely different class than Toy Story or the Incredibles. And it is refreshingly clean with no dirty jokes or crude comments at all.
David seemed to get a little bored though parts of it, and it just didn't have enough to hold his attention, but I think the older kids are going to understand the social commentary on the corporations and the human condition. The younger ones will definitely enjoy the robots and the action scenes scattered through out. I personally liked the little love story between Wall-E and Eve. Also Wall-E's sweet, almost human side he seems to have developed while on his own made me just fall in love with this little metal creature. All in all, I thought it was a pretty cute movie and would give it 4 out of 5 stars for a must-see. Enjoy! And don't forget the popcorn.

No comments: