Thursday, October 16, 2008

I can't stand it any longer

OK...I've been waiting for this post for a couple weeks now. I have finally decorated our master bedroom and bathroom. It has been a process and is ALMOST done. But I can't wait to show it any longer. Here is our master bathroom:

Before:


Pretty much a typical subdivision bathroom with original paint and the normal oak (kind of) front cabinets. (By the way, it has drawers but I had already removed them for my project by the time I remembered to take a before picture).

During:



My husband was a great sport throughout my project. He was unable to see my vision of the end result but went along with everything anyway. What a guy! At this point he was thinking: What am I letting her do?

But the end result is beautiful! We love it and our only regret is not doing it sooner!


As you see, I primed and painted my cabinet black and added some drawer pulls. I removed the large mirror above the sinks and replaced it with 2 individual mirrors, painted the walls, added decor and even painted the toilet seat black!



We had to be a little creative with our mirror placement because of Daniel's height. To hang them even where I could see in them, he couldn't see above his neck. To hang them even where he could see in them, I couldn't see below my neck. So we hung them staggered. We think it actually looks better that way and are pleased.



Drawer pull and art detail:





For those visionaries: I still have a decorative towel bar to hang above the toilet area and a black shelf to add on the back wall above the tub, but you get the idea. It's so much fun to see your vision to become a reality. I will reveal our bedroom soon so stay tuned!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Nice!! You did a great job. :)

Angie said...

Wonderful job! It looks great!

Heather said...

Wow, it looks fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

What a difference a little creativity makes. good job.

Sarah said...

LOVE IT!! meanwhile I am still using plastic tubs for my side tables!