Friday, April 10, 2009

It's Friday but Sunday is coming!

I love this song by Tree 63 and as I was looking for it, I came across this montage. It reminds me as parents to be aware of parasites ready to latch onto my children. They are bombarded with bunnies and chicks everywhere, but the true meaning of Easter, the death and resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, is left to us. We are solely responsible for proclaiming and teaching our children this truth not just at Easter, but all year long, because commercials, Wal-Mart and the rest of the secular world will lead them astray.

Now, please do not think that I did not get my dear children an Easter basket, filled with bunnies and chicks and candy. Of course I did, because I love to give gifts to my kiddos. But the most important gift I can ever give them is the knowlege of the saving grace of my Jesus. It's Friday, but praise God Sunday is coming and we serve a risen Savior!!

No comments: