Monday, January 4, 2010

The Great Train Expo!!

Saturday we went to the Great Train Expo at the Indiana State fair grounds. We thought we would surprise the kids and so we didn't tell them where we were going. As soon as we walked in the doors, David was in heaven! They had a ton of displays set up with trains running. I have to admit that I even had a good time learning the different scales of trains and watching how the sets are built. I have a feeling that I may have a model train lover in the near future.

This was a huge display of moving trains made out of all Lego's. It was impressive in size!


This was one of my favorite displays. The detail is amazing. This is one of the largest scale models. A G-scale I believe. It is 1/25 size of a real train. They also have a Z-scale that is tiny. It's 1/220 the size of a train. This display of a BP oil refinery had steam coming out of the stacks. I think my favorite scale of all is the N-scale. It's a smaller scale, but is not too small you might break something or too big to where you would need a lot of space to build a nice model.


David watching a train whoosh by!


Daniel and the kids riding a train. We had a great day and learned a lot about model trains. Madelyn even found a pink train that caught her fancy. I'm looking forward to going to a few more expos in the future!

No comments: