Sunday, February 27, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday David!!


In 6 years, we have gone from this....


to this....


to now...
They sure do grow up fast.  You hear that all the time before you have kids:  to savor each moment, before it's gone.  And I truly think it is much later before you believe or even appreciate this much given advice.  When you're in the trenches of parenthood, sometimes the days can seem like an eternity!  But like one of my favorite songs says::

"It happens in a blink, it happens in a flash, it happens in the time it takes to look back.  I try to hold on tight, but there's no stopping time, what is it I've done with my life?"

Each day can make a difference.  Each day I have an obligation.... no, a responsibility.... no, it's more than that.  It's a privilege.  A privilege to take the time to show my children more Love.  

To read more books.  

To play more and clean less.  

To take the time and truly listen to every story and every concern they have.  

To correct lovingly.

To uplift and encourage, not tear down. 

To let them play like children should and not worry about clutter.  

To help them to experience new and exciting things.  

To instill a compassion for others, by pouring out compassion on them.  

To show them how to truly Love another.
To show them Jesus.... 

My prayer is that my children don't just know Jesus, but that they SEE Jesus in me.  That they see that my ROCK, my Stronghold, is not a thing or a person, but it's My Savior.  And I think the best way for me to demonstrate His love to them, is to love Him so much and be so filled with Him and His presence, that it just pours out into all that I do.  

I only get a little bit more time to truly make an impact on their future.  And I hope when my time is done, they will look back and remember their Mom as one who Loved them with a Love that could only come from above.

No comments: