Friday, April 15, 2011

One of those days...

You know the one.

Where plans fall through and things go wrong and life just happens.

There really is no one to blame.  I can't fault the phase of the moon.  I can't even attribute it to the enemy.  And I wish I could say I handled it all with grace, praising God for the opportunity to demonstrate patience and succeeding.

But by the end of the day I was exhausted, frazzled and frustrated.

However, opening God's word for a bit of hope and peace, I found Lamentations 3: 22-24

22 Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
   for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
   great is your faithfulness.
24 I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion;
   therefore I will wait for him.”

I don't know why I wait until complete irritation to depend on the loving Words of my Lord.

I praise him that today did not consume me.  That His compassions never fail.

Tomorrow is a brand new day.

Slate wiped clean.

Reminder made that He is my portion.

No comments: