Friday, June 24, 2011

Just us girls

Daniel has been gone this week on his first tour in Fort Wayne.  10 libraries down, 9 more to go next week.  David's been gone this week at my parents house, so it has been just us girls.  We have done lots of shopping, had some lunches out and done some fun things too! 


Each day this week Madelyn has gone to swimming lessons in Danville.  I've been very pleased.  There are about 16 kids in the class and there are 7 instructors so she gets a lot of one on one time, which she needed.  On the first day she told them several times very matter of factly, "I don't think I can do that," and she just wouldn't.  I had a talk with her that day and since then she has done a little better.  She is starting to get a little more comfortable in the water.  

Today we decided to check out the new splash pad.  It was a tad chilly, but the girls didn't seem to mind.

"Nothing is too big for me."
Molly was seriously cracking me up.  She loves the water anyway and cries when bath or shower time is over.  She was just so excited when she first walked out there all she could do was shake and giggle and squeal.  And in her mind, she was just as big as all the other kids. 

Her personality is really beginning to blossom.  She is observant and picks up on things very quickly.  She follows directions and simple commands well.  She is a lovebug but on her terms only.  This is kind of frustrating because being the last, there are times I would love to rock her to sleep or snuggle her, but she will have nothing of it.  However, her "surprise" hugs and little pats, snuggles and kisses I wouldn't trade for the world. 

She also has a firey side.  She is VERY determined and passionate when she sets her mind to something.  Sometimes this leads to big trouble when she's headed in the wrong direction, at times extreme frustration (such as her insistence in feeding herself and ending up with an empty fork).  But sometimes it leads to a unwavering journey to success.  I pray that God will get a hold of this girl early.  That her passions will become His passions, her determination will spill over into steadfast faith and her journey will make Him proud. 

In all honesty, I could pray that prayer for myself as well.  There are so many times in my life where I've headed in the wrong direction or jumped in before I was led.  But in His sovereignty He has allowed everything to work out in my life.  (Romans 8:28But how much more blessed is that journey when He is in control.  Lord, take hold of my life and never let go.  Let my passions be your passions, grow my faith, teach me Your ways and lead my steps.  Lord only through You will I have success.

Proverbs 2:6-8
6 For the LORD gives wisdom;
   from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
7 He holds success in store for the upright,
   he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,
8 for he guards the course of the just
   and protects the way of his faithful ones.
(emphasis mine)

No comments: