Friday, September 2, 2011

Boundless

Pure, unadulterated abandon.



Admiring rainbow and reflecting on the promises of God, we pull into the drive.  Sweet raindrops fall, remedy for a long dry summer.  Twinkle in her eye, she asked for something I've longed to do.  "Mom, can we dance in the rain?" I watched as she ran unafraid into liquid sunshine and danced.




2 Samuel Chapter 6.  The Ark of the Lord was entering into the City of David.  Songwriter and King began to worship.  Verse 14 and 15 in the King James Version says: 14And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.  15So David and all the house of Israel brought up the ark of the LORD with shouting, and with the sound of the trumpet.

When confronted with such reckless abandon for a King, David responded in verse 21 and 22: “It was before the LORD, who chose me rather than your father or anyone from his house when he appointed me ruler over the LORD’s people Israel—I will celebrate before the LORD. 22 I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes. But by these slave girls you spoke of, I will be held in honor.” 

Grace given.  Worship returned to the Father.


Luke 6:23, Jesus says "Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven." (emphasis mine)

This command is divinely penned in the middle of Luke's recording of the Beatitudes.  Jesus teaching His disciples about the upside down Kingdom.  Where we decrease and He increases.  Where we lay all of ourselves on the altar and gain His blessing.  He's asking us to abandon what others think and rejoice in HimLeap for joy in Him.

Grace given.  Worship returned.


Luke 10:21  At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.

"Full of joy" translates from the original text as "dancing" or "leaping" for joy.  After 72 missionaries returned and began to tell their stories of miracles performed in His own name, Jesus began to dance in the Holy Spirit.

Grace.....worship.


The song "Fields of Grace" by Big Daddy Weave.

There's a place that I love to run and play
There's a place that I sing new songs of praise

Dancin' with my Father God in fields of grace

There's a place that I lose myself within
There's a place that I find myself again

Dancin' with my Father God in fields of grace

There's a place where religion finally dies
There's a place that I lose my selfish pride

Dancin' with my Father God in fields of grace

I love my Father, my Father loves me
I dance for my Father, my Father sings over me

And nothing can take that away from me




She danced.  The rain fell.  The ground soaked up the drink.  I soaked up the grace.

No comments: