Saturday, August 4, 2012

Clinging

One phone call.  A simple answer and hope can shatter as the world crumbles in.  Warm, salty tears stream and I hit the floor prostrate; writhing in my own skin; crying out in anguish to the One above.  The light is dim,  the questions many and the answers are few.  Faith can become clouded in the aftermath and Spiritual senses overwhelmed and temporarily out of commission.  It is during these times that His promises become like Gold Nuggets in the mud.  


Joshua 1:9  "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

"I will never leave you nor forsake you."  Deut. 31:6 and Heb. 13:5

"He works all things for the good of those who are called according to His purpose."  Romans 8:28

John 16:33 "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.


Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Isaiah 66:9 "I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born," says the Lord. NCV

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.  Proververbs 3:5-6
 
Nothing happens beyond His realm of Knowledge.  Psalm 139

The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” Exodus 33:14




As his promises are spoken aloud, peace floods the soul.  Remembrance of His goodness follows and faith is restored in the darkest hour. He passes by and His glory is revealed.  Sometimes all we can do is cling to His promises; to go back to what we know to be true, because nothing else makes sense.






Today as I read His word He brought me to Daniel 11:32b  KJV
 "The people that do know their God shall be strong." 

I know His Word and it brings strength.  I know His character and it restores Hope.  I know His Promises and they bring peaceFaith is restored and patience elongated as I wait upon the Lord.

What are some promises you cling to to?  What has spurred you to get up, dust yourself off, and continue on in your journey?  Share your story in the comments.  Let's encourage and give glory to His Promises.



No comments: