Thursday, May 29, 2008

Busy as a bee.....

I've finally found a window of time to post. Things have been crazy around here for me. I've been trying to recover from the holiday and also having company a few times times in the last week or so. The last 2 days I've done 16 loads of laundry and I'm not quite done yet. Don't worry, it's not all clothes, we don't have that many. I think every towel, wash cloth and sheet set in my house was dirty, so it all adds up. Unfortunately the rest of my house has suffered. There is some light at the end of the tunnel though. Paige is coming over tomorrow afternoon to entertain the kids for a few hours so I can get some good clean time in. I still am trying to switch out the winter and summer clothes for Daniel and I and I'd like to go through a few things before I have a yard sale in a couple weeks. That is near impossible with toddlers peering over your shoulder at all times. Paige needs some money for her youth trip this summer and I need some help, so it will work out well. I'm hoping she'll want to help around yard sale time too.

David is going through a growth spurt. I think I spend most of my days lately preparing him something to eat. He has grown almost 2 inches since April 16th according to the dr. charts. Well, a couple days ago, he came into the kitchen, yet again, saying he was 'hungry, thirsty'. I looked down and I got a little emotional. Where has my little boy gone? He looks so much older now and so much like his Daddy. Here is a picture of what I saw that day in the kitchen as well as a poem that explains my feelings. Enjoy!


My boy, sweet boy,
where has the time gone?
How I miss those times we rocked
what seemed like all night long.

You have so much energy now.
I just can't keep you still.
Sometimes when I read a book to you.
Sometimes against your will.

Oh, how I miss those times with you,
when those big blue eyes I'd see,
Looking sweetly into the same blue ones,
God has given me.

I guess I'll have to wait and long so, patiently
Until I get to see you say,
Guess what Mom, he's finally here,
and he looks just like me.


I love you my sweet baby boy. Please don't grow up too fast!

No comments: