Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wednesday excursion

This morning we decided to venture out to free movie Wednesday's at the local theater. Today's feature...Everyone's Hero. A very cute movie. Both kids had seen it before and liked it, so I thought it would be a good test since this was our first real trip to the theater. Both kids were excellent and had a great time. Despite the fact that we waited in line for about 20 minutes for popcorn and missed the first 10 minutes of the show. And we still didn't have any popcorn. The line finally cleared out and I was able to get us some popcorn and a drink about half way through the movie.
Madelyn was mesmerized about the first 20 minutes of watching our movie. The look on her face was pure awe. Thank you God for allowing me to enjoy these firsts with my kids. They teach me that it's about the simple things in life that we as adults take for granted. It's not too often anymore that I get to experience something completely new and foreign to me, but I can live vicariously through my kids with these new experiences just about every day!

Here are the kids enjoying their snacks!


This drink is about as big as Madelyn.


Madelyn gets a little possessive of her popcorn!


Ok David, that's enough Diet Coke. David? David?!

No comments: