Sunday, August 17, 2008

ATTENTION CUBBIE WORKERS:

You have your work cut out for you. Because Mommy's done messed it up!

I had to share with you today a conversation David and I had. He was cracking me up!

We've been talking about creation lately and how God made the trees and flowers, He made David and Mommy and so on. Well, today I decided to take it a step further. I had him say God created the heavens and the earth. Here's how the conversation continued:

Mommy: David, do you know where God lives?
David: Uh...(thinking) a boat!
Mommy: (laughing loudly) A boat?!
Then it dawned on me that he might be a little confused with a song we sing to the tune of row, row, row your boat. It goes like this: Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream, Jesus didn't have a boat He walked upon the sea.
Mommy: No honey, God lives in heaven. Heaven is way up in the sky above the clouds. Do you know where Jesus lives?
David: An airplane!
Mommy: Laughing hysterically at this point says: No Jesus lives with us. He lives right here in our heart (while pointing to his little heart).
David: Yeah, Jesus lives in my shirt.

I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe, let alone speak, so the conversation pretty much ended there with him joining in and laughing along with me. Kids are so literal!

No comments: