Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I have loved you with an everlasting love


I can not remember the exact moment I fell in love. I don't recall fireworks or romantic music climaxing in the back ground. I don't remember the feeling of butterflies in my tummy. I didn't even know there was a courtship until long after I was smitten.

But I can look back over my entire lifetime and see the love notes and gifts given to me. Presents I didn't even get to unwrap and fully appreciate until years later.

The wooing began with two loving, kind gentle, parents who taught me the true meaning of unconditional love. They were a great example of "Train a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not turn from it." They gave me a foundation of values that could never be shaken.
Unfortunately, I chose to remove myself from that foundation in high school and college. Years riddled with rebellion, looking everywhere for love and acceptance. I just knew there had to be more out there for me. That there had to be more to me. A period of "self-discovery" that left me liking myself even less than I did before. Yet somehow I was spared. A Divine protection was upon me. I walked out of situations alive when I should have been dead. I should be scarred physically and mentally yet I had no scratch. I broke His heart over and over, yet He still cradled and loved mine. He never left me. He always protected me.
Towards the end of college, I began to see a few of the Presents and Gifts that had been left for me. I found this amazing man who would become my husband. A man of God, of purity, of integrity. A man I so did not deserve but who was chosen for me anyway. A Gift only by the one true God. I found a church family that not just talks about the Love of God, but lives it. I found friends that share experiences and carry each others burdens. I have been entrusted with two amazing little children in my care and I pray everyday they will see God and not me as I try to teach them about this Love that I've found. And I have been given a new child, I didn't even know I wanted that I have fallen head over heals in love with. I praise God everyday for the little girl I'm carrying and know that God has a Divine purpose for her I can't even imagine.

I can tell you the courtship was amazing, the wooing was unforgettable and the Love is profound. It is only by God's Grace and Mercy that I have been chosen to experience this ride. He is more to me than you'll ever know. He is a LOVE that never ends.

I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. Jeremiah 31:3

For more love stories, please check out (in)courage.

No comments: