Monday, July 19, 2010

Pool adventures


Well, I finally did it!  I went to the pool with all 3 kids by myself.  I wasn't exactly sure how this was going to turn out, but we really had a good time.  David and Madelyn did wonderfully.  David is beginning to get more and more brave and has just blossomed in the pool.  He loves to stick his head under water and will stay down for quite awhile.  Madelyn is fearless which did get her into a little bit of trouble today.  We were all tossing a ball around and David threw the ball over my head.  I turned toward the deeper end to go out and get it, and Miss Madelyn thought it would be a good idea to follow me.  I turned and threw the ball back to David having no idea of her bravery.  I then began to hear splashing and blubbering and turned to my right to see Madelyn about to drown in about 4 feet of water.  I squealed, took one large step and rescued her with one swoop.  She coughed and sputtered a little but was really ok.  Believe it or not, I was pretty calm through the whole thing.  After she was OK it was kind of comical really.  I asked her what she was doing and she very innocently was just trying to help me get the ball.  After she learned her boundaries, we had a pretty good time.  Even Molly enjoyed the water!


We will definitely be heading back to the pool soon!

No comments: