Sunday, November 14, 2010

Welcome to our family Selvina!!

We are so excited to introduce Selvina!  She is a child we are sponsoring through Compassion International.  She lives in Indonesia.  Through letters and correspondence, I hope to watch this little girl grow up and become a woman of Christ.  I know that through the Compassion organization and the small gift we send to her family, we will get to meet this sweet child in heaven, if not here on earth.  She particularly holds a special place in my heart.  We share the same birthday.  She will be 7 years old this year on December 12th. 



Daniel and I felt God had asked us to take this leap of faith financially to support another.  I had looked several times at different children to sponsor.  There are so many.  But after reading the following post on (In)Courage (click here), I found Ina.  I am so excited to see how God will work in this relationship.  We have begun to pray for her as a family.  I know that she will be a much bigger blessing in our life than we could ever be in hers.  Welcome to the family sweet Ina!!

No comments: