Sunday, January 8, 2012

"Beautiful Things"

I just love this song.  It's by a band by the name of "Gungor".  Kind of a funny name for a band, but the message.  The message is right on.  It's a message of hope.  How God can take anything and make it beautiful. 

I think back to how He made man.  Adam was taken from the dust of the ground, but in God's hand, the most intricate being was created.  With His own breath, he breathed life into Adam.

One line in this song states:  I wonder if my life could really change at all.  Could all that is lost ever be found?  Could a garden come up from this ground at all?

But in the presence of God, nothing can remain the same.  In the presence of God, change happens.  Through His message, I have hope that He is not through with me yet.  And "newness" in Christ is not just at the point of salvation.  It is a process, through relationship with Him, just like the tending of a garden.  He is making me new.  He makes all things new.

I wonder if you've let him breathe new life into you lately?  Will you join me today in worship as you listen to this song?  Ask Him to make a beautiful thing out of your life too.  Nothing you've ever done can keep Him from tending your soul if you allow Him to come in.

No comments: