Monday, July 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Emily!?

Lately, I've had a lot of fun listening to the kids play. They have really gotten into pretend play. They like to play house. David's usually the Dad, or the big brother. Madelyn's the Mom or the little sister. Today I even heard Madelyn play the little brother! :) Also lately, I've heard a lot of pretend birthday parties for Emily the train. They give her a pretend cupcake, and she blows out her pretend candle. They even give her pretend presents. Well, I decided it would be fun to throw Emily a real birthday party.

Every party needs a cupcake, candle and special party plates and napkins.


Party hats are a must too.

Guests have to arrive....

Presents have to be wrapped...

and opened....


Cake has to be eaten and a mess has to be made....

And of course we have to show off our new gift!

I've never seen 2 kids get more excited about a party in my life! They helped prepare the cupcakes and got to pick out the party theme. And of course we sang Happy Birthday! Have I further warped David's sense of reality on the trains? Probably......but he'll just have to work that out with his therapist later. ;)

No comments: