Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Shell Island - Day 2

I know, I know, technically vacation is over.  But I'm going to relive it again this week, just for you.......What's that you say?  OK, OK.  You caught me............ For me too.

Enjoying the pontoon boat ride.

Friday we spent the day at Shell Island.  We weren't exactly sure what to expect, but were pleasantly surprised.  We were greeted on the island by lots and lots of jellyfish.  Some were huge!  At least 2 foot in diameter.


The island itself is 7 miles wide and about 3/4 of a mile wide.  My suggestion for next time would be not to have so much stuff to carry because we did a lot of walking before finding a place to sit and relax.


The kids and Daniel ventured off down the beach after awhile to search for more shells.  They found all kinds of neat treasure including an abandoned boat.



The vegetation on the island was just like you would picture for a deserted island.  It kinda made me think of the Swiss Family Robinson.



And what did Molly and I do while they went out on their adventure?   We sat and played in the sand, waded in the waves and even sang songs of praise to our Awesome God as we soaked up the beauty of his creation.



The day was windy, and the surf was high, but we still found loads and loads of shells and sand dollars.  What a great inexpensive souvenir.  And upon our return back to the condo, we were greeted with the smell of cheesy chicken in the crock pot and a nice warm meal.  As David and Madelyn both said, "It was the best day ever!"




No comments: