Friday, October 28, 2011

5 Minute Friday






Today I am linking up with 5 Minute Friday.  Where you take 5 minutes and write for the love of writing.  Without too much thought.  Without worry.  Just raw, words from the heart.

Today's topic: Relevant


Merriam-Webster online dictionary defines relevant as having significant and demonstrable bearing on the matter at hand.

GO


So what is relevant in my life?  What has bearing on how I spend my time?  I have to admit that all too often, it has nothing to do with a Kingdom purpose.  I find myself so easily ready to please me.  I mean, my life is all about me right?  What pleases me, what I want, what I think I "need".


And then, in the middle of my me party, I find a friend who has to have a biopsy.  I see another hit the streets and minister to the homeless and struggling.  I get a phone call from my Mother saying that an Uncle who did not know the Lord has passed on.  I meet a new friend who has the painful story of losing a child.  


And suddenly, what was relevant.  What had bearing on my life is .... different.  It's changed.  Perspective is gained.  And praise God He is never satisfied with leaving us in our "me" party.  He gently reminds us that life is not about "me", but it is about Him.  And He alone can make sense.  He alone has significance and demonstrable bearing on the matter at hand.  Thank you Jesus!!


STOP



No comments: