Friday, January 10, 2014

Better, not bitter

Moving forward this week, I received an e-mail that threatened to set me back. A simple request really, but one that brought back much emotion over things past. I immediately hit the reply button and typed an emotion filled sentence that may have set a snowball a rollin'.

But instead of hitting send, I sent a text to a good friend. I told her about the e-mail and how I wanted to respond.

She sent a text back saying: "You could totally respond like that."

Oh, sweet relief! I wanted that permission to be bitter and angry.

Her next text: "But maybe you shouldn't."

Blast if this woman doesn't know my heart!

I told her she could help a sister out. I just wanted to be bitter.

And she responded: I know friend, but you're better now. Not bitter.

No wiser or more encouraging words have ever been spoken. Or text.....


The Fight


I came across a video I want to share with you. Pastor Steven Furtick is the founder and lead pastor of Elevation Church in Charlotte, North Carolina. I've considered moving there just so I can attend his church. I'm kidding mom....kinda.

Click here to watch the video. It will open a new window. I promise that it is worth the watch.

Go ahead, I'll wait right here....



 
 
The enemy grips and threatens to choke my voice. He screams for me to give up because he fears my story. He fears my words. He knows that this divine path of my life will bring great glory to the God that I love.

I sit down to write and he shouts inadequacy. He distracts with thoughts of perfection. He plants lie after lie that my voice does not need to be heard.

He beats down and destroys. He distorts the senses to cause question in all that God has done. He reminds of failures and sin. He builds a wall to separate me from the One who has called me. He threatens to pull me back along a path already conquered.

He gives fear and timidity where God has given power and love and self-discipline. 1

The enemy overwhelms, but my God overcomes.

I will fight to glorify God.

I will fight to cut through the jungle of lies he has intertwined attempting to isolate me. I will not allow him to stop my voice any longer.

I
WILL
FIGHT!   


photo credit: ushtey via photopin cc



Are you ready to fight?!

To defeat and conquer for your Lord?!


What fight do you have before you? Has the enemy waged a war trying to stop you from your God-given purpose? Share in the comments the battle you are facing.

Join with me and let's win this battle together!



1-2Timothy 1:7

No comments: